Who's writing

My photo
I am the TA of the course, Learning English with Corpora and the Web. In this blog, we will be discussing language issues. I will try my best to share what I know with you. You are very welcome to provide input for each other. I look forward to learning from you too. Here is something about me.I major in French and I've been to Montreal twice, whereI learned how the language was used in their real life. One of my dreams is traveling around the world and I want to make this dream come true by joinging work and travel program.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Death Penalty- Keep it or Kill it?

I listened to a speech which made me think about whether or not to keep death penalty held by law department yesterday afternoon. Before yesterday, I think it's nothing special to sentence criminals, especially murderers to death for that they killed people. However, there are some problems about our juridical problems, that is judges and inquisitor are on one side, and it's really difficult for we citizens, whether culpable or not, to defend for ourselves. The reason why I insisted that we should keep death penalty is that I don’t want to raise those “evils” because those who pay tax owe not to be punished. The speaker has been promoting the abolishment of death penalty for many years. In other words, she is very experienced about how to persuade people that to have a peaceful society, we don’t really need death penalty. I can’t deny that I was touched by her efforts. Nonetheless, I won’t change my attitude immediately. The clip is a Japanese drama about death penalty and racial discrimination. I watched this drama last summer and it inspired me a lot. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment