Who's writing

My photo
I am the TA of the course, Learning English with Corpora and the Web. In this blog, we will be discussing language issues. I will try my best to share what I know with you. You are very welcome to provide input for each other. I look forward to learning from you too. Here is something about me.I major in French and I've been to Montreal twice, whereI learned how the language was used in their real life. One of my dreams is traveling around the world and I want to make this dream come true by joinging work and travel program.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Different ways of expressing humor

I was very angry this morning because I encountered some problems about the J-1 visa which is the visa I need to work in the United States. As a result, I want to introduce some interesting dramas to make myself calm down.

The first one is "Sushi Oji", played by the star I like the best, Koichi Domoto. He hasn't played dramas for quite a long time. This was his last work.


The only word that I can find to describe this drama is "silly". We know that sushi means a lot to Japanese people and they take care for every detail while making sushi. In reality, we can't find a sushi cook who is afraid of fishes like the leading character in this drama.

The second one is "33 minutes detective". Personally, I like detective stories very much. Some of them are even more interesing than love stories. I watched this one because many people recommended for its sense of humor. However, this drama made me down. I kept watching it because I want to know how the author concludes this drama.

2 comments:

  1. I love to watch Japanese drama in my leisure time,too.Because it is always miniseries,I don't need much time to realize a whole story. I haven't watch the two Japanese dramas which are introduced by you.They look so interesting,especially the sushi ochi who is afraid of fish.Maybe I will watch them after the mid-term test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched "Tadaritotsunokoi"(only love)in one single day. However, I have less time and I can't abuse my eyes anymore. I try to slow down a little. You're welcome to come back to this blog to tell me what you think about these two dramas. ^^

    ReplyDelete